Gibson Custom Murphy Lab 1959 Les Paul Standard Reissue Factory Burst 2021
PXs are welcome
The Gibson Custom Shop do some pretty special stuff, whether it be Re-issues of our favourites guitars of years gone by, or turning dream guitars into reality. The Gibson Custom Shop can do it all. New within the world of Gibson custom we are super excited to present the "Murphy Lab", an all new division dedicated to the art of innovation who are highly skilled in aging guitars using the latest and most sophisticated technology and tools. Headed by legendary builder "Tom Murphy", these guitars are the pinnacle of Gibson
1959 is considered to be the golden year of Gibson Les Paul production, with less than 650 guitars manufactured, the fabled '59s found favour with the likes of Jimmy Page, Jeff Beck, Duane Allman and Eric Clapton. It's safe to say the '59 Les paul is one of the most well loved instruments around.
With a Mahogany body, this Les Paul benefits from a figured Maple top for the ultimate tonewood partnership. Rich and super resonant it offers premium tone and timeless aesthetics, while the Factory Burst Ultra Light Aged Nitro finish looks a million dollars and really allows the wood to breathe and the natural tone to sing through. The Murphy Lab do an incredible job of capturing the feel of a vintage instrument. With hide glue construction, this Les Paul offers true vintage tonality.
The solid Mahogany neck is topped with a crisp Indian Rosewood fingerboard with classic Gibson Trapezoid inlays, this guitar looks every bit the real deal. With a 24.75" scale length, 12" radius, 1.687" nut width and medium jumbo frets, it retains that classic Les Paul feel. The ABR-1 bridge and light weight stopbar offer an authentic vintage vibe.
The defining feature of the Gibson Custom '59 Les Paul is the custom wound Gibson Custom Bucker Alnico 3 pickups. According to Gibson these are some of the most historically accurate PAF clones on the market, with an ultra-rich harmonic quality; it's as close as you can get to the classic Les Paul tone.
- Construction: Solid Body
- Body Material: 1-Piece Lightweight Mahogany
- Colour: Factory Burst
- Orientation: Right Handed
- Neck Material: Solid Mahogany
- Profile: 59 Medium C Shape
- Fingerboard Material: Indian Rosewood, Hide Glue Fit
- Inlay: Cellulose Nitrate Trapezoid
- Number of Frets: 22
- Nut Width: 42.85mm
- Nut Material: Nylon
- Scale Length: 24.75"
- Bridge: ABR-1
- Tailpiece: Lightweight Aluminum Stop Bar
- Knobs: Gold Butyrate Top Hats
- Tuners: Kluson Single Line, Single Ring
- Hardware Finish: Nickel; Murphy Lab Light Aged
- Configuration: HH
- Bridge Pickup: Custombucker Alnico 3 (Unpotted)
- Neck Pickup: Custombucker Alnico 3 (Unpotted)
- Controls: 2 Volume, 2 Tone, CTS 500K Audio Taper Potentiometers, Paper-in Oil Capacitors
- Case: Brown/Pink Lifton Reissue 5-Latch